Line 10 : Cluny La Sorbonne
Line 4 : Saint Michel, Odéon
Line B or C - Saint Michel Notre Dame
Where are we ?
The HOTEL CENTRAL SAINT GERMAIN is in the heart of the Latin Quarter and only a few steps from Saint Germain des Pres. The Latin Quarter reaches across the 5th and 6th districts of Paris. The heart of this area is La Sorbonne, the famous Parisian university. This university was the centre of the events of May, 1968, during the events of students protesting.
Site of interests in the vicinity
In the immediate vicinity of the Hotel, you will find some sites major of the capital:
• Notre-Dame Cathedral (10-minute walk): A masterpiece of Gothic architecture, the Notre-Dame Cathedral is one of the most visited Parisian monuments. The Cathedral is located on the “Ile de la Cite”.
• Saint Germain des Pres (10-minutes walk): Saint Germain des Prés became a fashion district after the Second World War. It represents the center of the intellectual and artistic life of Paris. Since the 19th century, artists, such as Delacroix or Manet or writers, such as Balzac and Racine, settled there. During the 20th century, artistic and cultural life, the exchange of the new ideas and the birth of the existentialism developed in café’s which are now famous thanks to Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir among others: Café de Flore, Les 2 Magots or La Brasserie Lipp. Picasso is also part of those who lived in this area.
How to reach to hotel by car?
By South of Paris:
Exit Porte d’Orléans, Avenue du Général Leclerc, follow Avenue Denfert-Rochereau to Boulevard Saint Michel. Take the rue des Ecoles, then the first on the right: Rue Champollion.
By North of Paris:
Exit Porte de Bercy/Porte de Bagnolet. Follow Paris Centre. Follow on the Quai de Bercy, Quai de la Rapée, Pont d’Austerlitz, Quai Saint Bernard then Rue du Cardinal Lemoine, Rue des Ecole and Rue Champollion.
How to arrive from airports?
From Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport:
• By Métro/RER : Take RER B from airport to “Saint Michel-Notre Dame” station. It takes about 45 minutes.
• By Taxi : The average price for a taxi from the airport is 50€.
From Orly Airport: • By RER/Métro : Take RER B from airport to “Saint Michel-Notre Dame” station. It takes about 45 minutes.
• By taxi The average price for a taxi from the airport is 30€.
Nearest parking: • Parking De Vinci, 100 m from the hotel, 22€/24hrs
> ONLINE BOOKING
3, rue Champollion
Tel : + 33 (0)1 46 34 14 20
Fax : + 33 (0)1 46 34 14 50